Things Your Barn Manager Will Never Say in Summer
Day after day we see a weather forecast with highs in the 90s. Perfect if you plan to sit around a swimming pool with a cold beverage. Not so perfect if you happen to be a barn manager.
If you board your horse be sure to thank your barn manager and barn hands for all their hard work in all weather conditions.
Below is a lighthearted look at just a few things you will never hear your barn manager say in summer.
- Oh goody, another scorching hot day ahead.
- I think I'll ride at noon today instead of 7:00 a.m.
- I'm so glad it hasn't rained in over a month. The straw-like grass is so beautiful.
- I love global warming.
- No, I'm not looking forward to fall.
- I love mucking stalls when it's really hot. Makes me think I'm in a sauna.
- Changing clothes two and three times a day makes me so happy.
- I don't think I'll shower tonight.
- Think I'll call in sick today.
- This fly-spray really works.
- Hat hair is the best. Wet, hat hair is even better.
- I love my farmer's tan, especially my pasty, white feet.
Here are a few of the must-have products that help me get through the summer.
- Yeti Rambler 26oz tumbler keeps drinks cold for hours.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen. Easy to apply, even to your back, and doesn't feel greasy or heavy.
- Air King Enclosed Motor Fans keep the barn and the horses cool. They are more powerful and safer than regular box fans.
Taking care of horses is a labor of love and looking forward to some cooler weather is what is currently keeping me going.
We'd love to hear from you. Let us know some of the things your barn manager never says in summer and follow us on Facebook.
White Rose Equestrian is a small, private, full-service equestrian facility located in Iron Station, NC.