Seven Ideas of What to Buy Your Horse For Christmas
Christmas is right around the corner and if you are anything like me you will have been procrastinating since the beginning of fall about when you were actually going to start your Christmas shopping.
Time is running out and I know one of the most important 'people' on your list is your horse. Yes, we buy stuff for him all year round but we HAVE to splash out on 'special stuff' at Christmas time. To help you decide, and also save you some money, here are seven simple ideas of what to buy your horse for Christmas. Some of them could also be used as gifts for your other horse-crazy friends.
- New brushes to replace the worn-out ones in his grooming box. Don't forget to make sure they are color coordinated with all his other important accessories.
- A heated bucket to stop his water from freezing. Not only does it make your life easier but a horse who drinks warmed water during cold weather is less likely to colic.
- A Jolly Ball for him to play with while he's stuck in his stall during inclement weather.
- Horses, just like people, can benefit enormously from a Magna Wave PEMF treatment. It works on a cellular level to help the body heal itself and relieve pain quickly and naturally.
- To show him how much you really care you could bake him some home-made treats. Not only does it save money but you can be sure you know exactly what he is eating.
- You know how photogenic your horse is and how much you like to show him off to your friends. Why not book a photo session for when the weather picks up?
- Another good idea would be to buy yourself some lessons. A balanced rider makes for a happy horse.
I hope some of these ideas have helped you. If you have any ideas to share, let us know on our Facebook page.
What to Buy your Horse Show Dad for Father's Day
Father's Day is quickly approaching (June 16th, 2019) but there is still time to buy something special for your horse show dad.
Some dads understand that learning to ride is so much more than just learning to ride. They recognize that being around horses and helping at the barn also instills compassion, empathy, teamwork, hard work, coordination, and so much more. These dedicated dads don't mind getting up early or going to bed late so their child can have extra time with their horse. They learned how to tow a trailer and load a horse just so their child can compete in shows. Their dedication and commitment to their equestrian should be recognized regularly but even more so on Father's Day.
What does your horse show dad need?
||T-Shirt - Of course no horse show dad would be complete without the obligatory horse show dad t-shirt.
||Photo Album - These days most people store their photos on their phone. A great way to memorialize your time spent with your dad is to get him a photo album of your journey together. This self-adhesive photo album makes it easy to present your photos and mementos. Try this link to order prints from your phone.
||Drink Container - All equestrians know that barn time is not the same as regular time. Especially during long hot days at the barn in summer, it is important to stay hydrated. Get your dad a 26oz Yeti Rambler. I have one of these and can tell you it keeps my drink cold all day long.
||Fitbit - If your dad is a fitness freak or just wants to get fitter a Fitbit is a great idea. He will be able to track his steps, exercise, and calorie intake. They are fun to use and can be synced to a smartphone.
||Overnight Bag - Oftentimes showing requires overnight stays. Your dad should travel in style, just like you and your horse. A versatile overnight bag is an ideal gift and a great way to say thank you.
I'm sure that horse show dads are happy with their role and get immense satisfaction from spending time with and watching their equestrian learn and grow. However, it is still important to show some extra love on Father's Day.
Look for other great gifts here>>>